28 August 2010

to blog, or not to blog ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So. A blog. Here I am writing a blog. Who would have thought it? I certainly wouldn't have. Because, really, who cares about some Lucy Shmoe and what she has to say? I've found a handful of blogs here and there that pique my interest, but mostly, site-seeing my way around the internet, coming across blogs, I end up thinking, "why do I care what you have to say?" And, mostly, I don't care. If cynical started with an S it would have been included in my blog description.

But, nonetheless, here I am starting a blog. Driving around this morning, shotgun next to my boyfriend, Ant, with his sister and her soon-to-be husband in the back, we began chatting about blogs. Somewhere, mid-conversation, I got the idea that I could do the whole blog thing. And I, in a moment of spontaneity, declared that I would start my own blog, and from that moment on, o, maybe around 11:30 this morning, until now, 10:02 at night, I have been nothing but purely obsessed. (Again, if obsessed started with an S it would definitely be in my blog description.)

So, here I am, writing a blog of my own. As the description (minus a few very valid adjectives that just, darnit, don't start with an S) says, I'm smart and I'm (hopefully) stylish. I can be quite sarcastic when the situation calls for it, pretty silly when the moment calls, and sincere in all the ways I can be. And, as the namesake of my blog says, I'm a pretty savvy gal. If what I have to say thus far intrigues you even a little, stick around for a blog that will soon be full of art, food, photography, intelligence, creativity, and humor.

So, the Savvy Bee. That's me, and here I am Blog World.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I can't wait to follow your savvy ways.

    ReplyDelete